A Creative Spirit (What do you do with yours?)

"She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands." Proverbs 31:13

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My Marine



This is my son Justin, he is a Corporal in the U.S. Marines. He was stationed in Iraq last year, at the base in Al Asad. On May 28, 2005 he was seriously wounded by a roadside bomb just outside of Baghdad. He had very extensive injuries to his legs, including a severed femoral artery and a lot of shrapnel. After a long recovery, several skin grafts and a LOT of prayer, he is as recovered as he ever will be. His legs still give him pain, particularly his left leg which received the worst of the injury. He re-enlisted in November of 2005.

On Monday July 24, 2006 Justin left for his second deployment to Iraq. Hard enough to believe that he can run 3 miles on legs that were so severly injured, but it's REALLY hard to believe that he's back there again!!!

6 Comments:

  • At 7/29/2006 02:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know you are so proud of him, and although that you miss him very much. He is doing what he feels is right.

     
  • At 8/02/2006 10:21:00 AM, Blogger DixieRedHead said…

    Wow Tammy what a post. My heart goes out to your family and all that you've been thru. My cousins are currently actively serving in Iraq as well. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

     
  • At 8/04/2006 11:33:00 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    Tammy my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your son while he is back in Irag. My son had three tours in Irag and is now back in the civilian life, and I can just imagine how you must feel to have him back there especially since he was hurt the first time. He is definately a special person that you have every right to be proud of.

     
  • At 8/05/2006 04:02:00 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    God bless your son and your family. I'll pray for him.

     
  • At 8/07/2006 03:18:00 PM, Blogger angelfire said…

    I can understand your pride in your son. What a brave young man to re-enlist. I pray that his legs get stronger each day and that God will always be by his side.

     
  • At 8/27/2006 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Heidi said…

    I'm praying for a safe and happy long life for your son! What a great guy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home