A Creative Spirit (What do you do with yours?)

"She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands." Proverbs 31:13

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Living in opposite world

I am seriously starting to believe that I am living in opposite world these days! Warning: the following is a rant about the huge surge in idiot drivers!! I drove over to JoAnne's this afternoon to pick up a few supplies. I had my little granddaughter with me, which may explain why I noticed this more than other days.

Okay, so I'm sitting at a red light which turns green...hey that means it our turn to go...but wait, we can't. Because we have to wait for the not 1 but 4 cars that turned left AFTER their light had turned red. I took a peek at the drivers of the last two cars...I wanted to see what Stupid looked like. I was blown away by the fact that the last car to turn had several children in it!! I can almost understand being that irresponsible if it's just you in the car, but when you put your kids in the car, aren't you supposed to be thinking about them? Don't they trust you to keep them safe? Are people really in THAT much of a hurry?

Seriously, help me out people....doesn't red mean STOP? At least it did when I took Driver's Ed. And wouldn't you know it? At least one car pulled that stunt at every light we stopped at....including one police car!

Oh and P.S., apparently in opposite world, a flashing School Zone speed limit sign of 25 mph REALLY means you can go 45. Just in case you were wondering.

2 Comments:

  • At 4/07/2008 02:46:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Tammy!
    You must be referring to the light at 6 & Haggerty. I have never once in 7 years seen anyone stop on the red light. Ridiculous!
    Your week with your granddaughter sounds like it was lots of fun, even if you did watch endless loops of Cars. Mine still watch the same movies over & over.
    We need to get together again! What is your schedule looking like?

     
  • At 6/21/2008 04:24:00 AM, Blogger Tina said…

    I thought traffic in Michigan was bad, but then we moved to Las Vegas, and.... I don't know how it is possible, but it is worse!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home