A Creative Spirit (What do you do with yours?)

"She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands." Proverbs 31:13

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Working on minimizing stash

Most people who know me are aware that I do a lot of knitting and crocheting for charity. I'm always buying yarn or someone is giving me large amounts of it for the items I make for the local charity that I work with. (I'm an Area Voluteer for Warming Families and will get something installed in the sidebar as soon as I can.)

With winter coming on I've been concentrating on cold weather items to help keep those heads and hands warm. Many of the families we give to are either homeless or are below poverty level income. One of my favorite patterns for easy mittens is Bev's they work up pretty quickly and are a great way to use up some of that stash. She has a lot of really great patterns and this is one of my favorite hat patterns. Of course I use my knitting machine to make hats and I can usually get 3 done in an afternoon. That's an excellent way to get lots of nice warm hats made in a short amount of time. Hats are ALWAYS needed!

There is a local business that has been doing a knit along during their lunch hour and they called this afternoon to make arrangements to drop off the scarves they have made. They are donating 30 scarves!!! Amazing!!! I had the privilege and opportunity to speak to a sweet woman who had received an afghan that I took in and she had tears in her eyes as she told me that it makes her feel loved. It was all I could do to maintain my composure. =)

I've just worked up a new pattern for a baby blanket this weekend and will be posting it soon. I've called it Kisses and Hugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home