A Creative Spirit (What do you do with yours?)

"She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands." Proverbs 31:13

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Latest projects


I have been crocheting these little baby sweaters like crazy this week. I make them for charity...it's some of the most fulfilling work I've ever done. =) Earlier this year I had set a goal of making 200 baby items in 2005 and have just exceeded that goal!!!! Now I'm going to see how many more I can get done before the year's end.

This is a knit gift bag I made for my partner in an exchange in one of my knitting groups. I got the pattern from the book Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. I love this book and have several other patterns marked for future projects....in the very near future!!

I have been reading At Knit's End ~ Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. She hits the nail on the head so many times and it's like she wrote the book about me!! lol You'll have to get a copy and read it for yourself. I got mine from Amazon and I love it!! Stephanie has a blog ~ check it out: Yarn Harlot

One more thing ~ you simply MUST check out Gina Renay's blog! This is one talented lady! Her talent is amazing....take the time to look at her photos, it's well worth it! You can find a link to her on the sidebar on the right.




2 Comments:

  • At 8/17/2005 09:57:00 AM, Blogger Lizzy said…

    tammy, great job on exceeding your goal on baby items!!! i would love to do stuff like that and am hoping to do that soon as i am financially stabled to be able to spend money on lots of yarn! lol.

     
  • At 8/17/2005 10:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, well, well--Gina Renay here! Grrrryl, what's up? I stopped by to comment on your newest and latest project--beautiful job! Ooooh, don't you just LOVE little babies/little dolls. You can hug and coo on them, ha all day! And then when they're dressed soooo adorably....
    Thanks for your lovely "shout-out" to and about me; love it!
    G.
    p.s. Working on another album even as I type--"Mad Crochet Disease Woman" or something like that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home